Fort Pike park
Located in Madison Barracks it was the first military structure built on that future U.S. Army installation. Originally named Fort Volunteer, Fort Pike was built in 1813 to defend the Harbor’s naval ship-building activities from attack by the British during the War of 1812. The earthworks at Fort Pike are the only surviving remains of these fortifications. Fort Pike is now a Village park and features a walking trail circumventing the earthworks, interpretive signs, a picnic table, and observation deck. It’s tactical position on a cliff overlooking the Harbor and Lake Ontario, also provides outstanding views.