VILLAGE OF SACKETS HARBOR
LAW #1 OF 2005
AMENDING SEWER USER CHARGE
Section 1 - Section 6 of Local Law #2 of the year 1990, as amended by Local Laws #'s 1 and 2 of the Years 1991 and Local Law #2 of the Year 1997; and Local Law #1 of the Year 1998, is amended to read as follows:
Section 6 - WHEREAS: The classification of units are as follows:
1. One family residence, apartment, cottage and mobile home 1 Unit
2. Each additional apartment unit, rental cabin or cottage 1 Unit
occupied or rented or available for rent or occupancy at
any time during the calendar year.
3. Building lots in served areas ¼ Unit
4. Churches, Lodges, Fraternities 1 Unit
5. Restaurants, Taverns, etc.
- Hotel w/restaurant and bar 7 Units
- Restaurant and bar 3 Units
- Restaurant w/o bar 2 Units
- Bar w/o restaurant 2 Units
- Boarding house 1 ½ Units
- Motel and cabins, 6 units or less 1 ½ Units
add for each additional unit ¼ Unit
6. Commercial use including retail stores 1 Unit
- Gas station 1 Unit
add for each washing stall 1 Unit
- Laundromat - 1st washer 1 Unit
add for each additional washer ¼ Unit
- Marina w/o boat waste facility 1 Unit
- Marina with boat waste facility 2 Units
7. Public school 20 Units
8. Municipal Building 2 Units
9. Other public buildings 1 Unit
Exceptions: Hay Memorial Library ¼ Unit
Pickering Beach Museum ¼ Unit
10. Industrial establishments 1 unit for every
11. Health Club 3 Units
•12. Any premises or building with multiple uses will be charged the unit charge for each use, except laundry facilities in common areas of apartment buildings which are for the use of only the occupants of that building.
•13. Any use not listed - as determined by the Board of Trustees by subsequent local law.
B). All sewer rents shall be due and payable at the office of the Village Treasurer quarterly at the same time as the water rent for such period be due and payable, or on such other date or dates, or for such other periods as may be determined by the Board of Trustees. In additional to the sewer service charge or rental provided in this section according to the rate specified therein, a further charge of ten percent (10%) of the amount so determined shall be added thereto in each case of failure to make payment on or before the date on which the rent for such period is due, and the total thus obtained shall be the sewer rental in each case.
Section 2. This Local Law shall become effective June 1, 2005.